Como Zoo Observation • 20 Sept 2016
My biome is estuaries, guessing I probably won’t see an exhibit at the Como Zoo
Overall Zoo Observations
· Step-stools in restroom for kids (don’t see that in public spaces often)
· No lids/straws were available in the café (cashier lady said they end up in the exhibits and are harmful to the animals – however I did see others with lids/straws throughout the zoo …)
· I’m drawn to moving water, found a fountain area in the conservatory with a bench
· I was focused on the people who went by and recorded what they said …
o Is this your secret spot? Are we welcome? (few minutes later) whispered “Enjoy”
o Oh look! They have papaya!
o You sat in a wet spot (mom to toddler); Ok. I guess that’s alright.
o It’s really beautiful here.
o Oh! They have koi fish!
o (footsteps) You guys – it’s wet.
o There’s a tamarind tree! It’s neat to see one. “The tree of life” (reading sign)
o Group of 4 chatting in foreign tongue – not sure what they said but looked content, peaceful
· No one stayed too long – 5 minutes each