Tuesday, September 27, 2016

Como Zoo Exhibit

While exploring the Como Zoo I decided to spend my thirty minutes with the giraffes. One giraffe in particular kept my attention. As I filmed this giraffe moving around I noticed that his/her mouth never stopped moving. It was almost like they were chewing or yawning or maybe a little of both. As I had learned later on, giraffes are "very oral creatures". Giraffes regurgitate their food and chew on it a lot of the time. I had also noticed that the corners of the brick building were covered for protection. Some of the giraffes were brushing up against it whenever they walked by. I found this to be interesting but I was not able to find a volunteer or information online as to why. So with that I had uploaded a video of what I captured while I spent my time at the exhibit.

No comments:

Post a Comment